252 South 14th Street
Burlington Colorado 80807
Hours of operation 08:00-5:00 ( closed for lunch 11:30-12:30)
Director: Valerie Boyd
For Public Health emergencies after hour (5:00pm-08:00am) please contact Kit Carson County Radio room at (719)346-5678
Colorado Expanses SMOKE FREE LAW effective July 1, 2019 click here for details.
Kit Carson County Department of Public Health and Environment
252 S. 14th Street Burlington, CO 80807
- Public Health office in Burlington 1st and 4th Wednesday of the month
- Stratton Medical Clinic in Stratton 1st Friday of the month
- First Congreagational Church Flagler 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Public Health office in Burlington every Tuesday of the month
- Public Health office Burlington every Monday of the month occasionally one Thursday
- Cheyenne County Public Health Cheyenne Wells 1st Thursday of the month
- Stratton Medical Clinic Stratton 1st Friday of the month
- First Congreational Church Flagler 3rd Wednesday of the month
WOMEN’S HEALTH AND PREVENTION
- March 13th 2019
Appointments are highly recommended and can be made by calling 719-346-7158
COUNTY WIDE FLU CLINICS
Make appointment for COVID19 Vaccinations on-line HERE
Vaccinations available in Kit Carson County:
Kit Carson County Department of Public Health and Environment continues to offer no-cost vaccine to anyone who wants it from the age of 12 and older.
Moderna Vaccine Clinics:
Every Wednesday and Friday or as demand allows for individuals 18 years old or older.
Reservations Required. To schedule your appointment go to https://novelhealth.ai/practice/kit-carson-county-dept.-of-public-healt… or call 719-346-7158, ext. 432.
Johnson and Johnson “One and Done” vaccine clinics:
Every Wednesday, or as demand allows. Walk – ins welcome!
To schedule your appointment go to https://novelhealth.ai/practice/kit-carson-county-dept.-of-public-healt… or call 719-346-7158, ext. 432
Pfizer Vaccine is available to individuals 12 years old and older. For children 12 – 18, call Kristie at 719-346-7158. Ext. 422 to schedule your child’s immunization.
Testing for COVID available daily at the Health Department
Testing for COVID is available every day Monday through Friday at the health department and is provided at no cost to the person needing to be tested. Testing is the only way a person knows if it is COVID or if it is something else causing the symptoms. Knowing that it is COVID helps the infected person take steps to prevent others from getting the virus. It’s fast, easy and doesn’t hurt!
Nurse Family Partnership Program
Contact: 719-346-7158 719-342-1910
Kit Carson, Cheyenne and Southern Yuma County
Dawn James, CNS, RN (ext. 412)
Jodi Gray, RN (ext. 435)
Lindsey Richards, RN (ext. 425)
Lindsey Blackwelder Taylor, RN
Mindy Kouri, RN
Elbert, Eastern Arapahoe Counties
Shelly Blazier, RN
Mindy Kouri, RN
Single Entry Point/Options for Long-term Care
Single Entry Point (SEP) Agencies provide case management, care planning, and make referrals to other resources for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) members with the following qualifying needs: elderly, blind and disabled, persons living with HIV/AIDS, mental health, brain injury, spinal cord injury, children with a life-limiting illness, and medically fragile children.
Contact: Angela Berry, SEP Program Manager
Coverage area: Cheyenne, Kit Carson, Lincoln counties
719-346-7158 Ext. 408
Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado
Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado (ADRC) is a visible and trusted source of information on the full range of long-term services and support options available to older adults, including:
• Assisting individuals in planning for their future long-term service and support needs
• Providing options counseling in a person-centered, interactive decision-support process
• Providing coordinated and streamlined access to information and assistance
• Providing personalized and consumer-friendly assistance to empower individuals to make informed decisions
Call ADRC at 1.844.COL.ADRC (1.844.265.2372) to learn more or contact Angela Berry, ADRC Program Manager at 719-346-7158 Ext. 139. Coverage area: Cheyenne, Kit Carson, Lincoln counties