Vaccinations available in Kit Carson County: See info below
Kit Carson County Department of Public Health and Environment continues to offer no-cost vaccine to anyone who wants it from the age of 12 and older.
Instructions/Guidelines for COVID-19 + If You Test Positive for COVID-19. Isolate (stay home, away from people)
Regardless of vaccination status.
- Stay home for 5 days from when your symptoms started.
- Example: Symptoms started 1.16.2022 you test positive on 1.19.2022 isolation ends 1.21.2022
- If you have NO symptoms and test positive, your 5 days starts from test date.
- If you are experiencing symptoms and they worsen continue to stay home until resolved.
- If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you are unable to wear a mask due to age or health issues continue to stay home for 10 days from SYMPTOMS start date.
- Supplements for COVID
- Vitamin C 500mg every 6 hours
- Quercetin 500 mg twice daily
- Vitamin D3 4000 IU once daily
- B complex vitamin once daily
- Zinc 75mg daily
- Melatonin 3mg at bedtime
- Aspirin 81mg/day unless contraindicated
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Be sure and get up and move around
- May use acetaminophen and/or ibuprofen for fever control.
- Monitor pulse oxygen level. Goal >90%. Please call clinic or ER if unable to maintain >90%.
If You Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19. Quarantine keep distance from others. (Includes everyone in the home.). If you: Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted OR completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted OR are unvaccinated.
- Encouraged to stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you are encouraged to wear a mask for 10 days.
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home and follow the isolation guidelines
- Have been boosted
- Or completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months
- OR completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months
- Encouraged to wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible.
- If you test positive but start symptoms on a later date, follow instructions for isolation.
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home.
Moderna Vaccine Clinics:
By appointment only:
Reservations Required. To schedule your appointment go to https://novelhealth.ai/practice/kit-carson-county-dept.-of-public-healt… or call 719-346-7158, ext. 432.
Johnson and Johnson “One and Done” vaccine clinics:
By appointment only:
To schedule your appointment go to https://novelhealth.ai/practice/kit-carson-county-dept.-of-public-healt… or call 719-346-7158, ext. 432
Pfizer Vaccine is available to individuals 12 years old and older. For children 12 – 18, call Kristie at 719-346-7158. Ext. 422 to schedule your child’s immunization.
Testing for COVID available daily at the Health Department
Testing for COVID is available every day Monday through Friday at the health department and is provided at no cost to the person needing to be tested. Testing is the only way a person knows if it is COVID or if it is something else causing the symptoms. Knowing that it is COVID helps the infected person take steps to prevent others from getting the virus. It’s fast, easy and doesn’t hurt!
Public Health offers COVID-19 testing by appointment only. 719.346.7158 ext.424
Monday: 9:00-11:00 and 1:00 -2:00