Kit Carson County is An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Drug testing is required for all applicants.
Kit Carson County welcomes and accepts applications for all positions within the County and retains them in an active file for at least six months. In the event of an opening, all pending applications are reviewed and suitable candidates maybe contacted for an interview.
You can pick up applications at the Kit Carson County Board of County Commissioners Office in the Kit Carson County Courthouse at 1650 Donelan Avenue, Suite 101, Burlington, CO 80807. For additional information call (719) 346-8133 ext. 304.
If you are unable to come in to pick up an application you can download a copy of the application form here and return it by mail to Kit Carson County, P.O. Box 160, Burlington, CO 80807 or fax it to us at (719) 346-7242. If you are applying for a specific opening, please indicate at the top of the form before returning it.
Benefits: There is a waiting period for all new hires for health insurance benefits. Any new employee will receive health insurance benefits beginning on the 1st day of the month, not more than 90 days following date of hire.
- Fully Paid Dental Insurance for employee and their family
- Fully Paid Vision Insurance for employee and their family
- Fully Paid Life Insurance for employee
- 3% Retirement Match
- Sick Leave after one month
- Annual Leave after one month
All positions are considered full-time positions, unless specifically stated otherwise. Part-time, temporary or seasonal postings do not receive benefits. Kit Carson County retains the right to post, close and withdraw openings as needed. Unless noted differently, all positions will remain open until filled.
KIT CARSON COUNTY ASSESSOR
The Kit Carson County Assessor is looking for a full time office clerk/data gatherer. The pay range we’re offering is $13.46 - $14.42 per hour.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must pass background check and drug/alcohol test.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer, math and critical thinking ability.
- Performs a variety of duties, including assisting customers, collection of field data and transferring data to the records system.
- Excellent benefit package
- Reasonable hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
Submit application with cover letter/resume to Kit Carson County Assessor, 251 Donelan AV Suite 102, Burlington CO 80807. Job posting and application available online at
The Kit Carson County Department of Human Services currently has a vacancy for an Economic Assistance Specialist I/II. If you are a community oriented individual with a passion to serve others we want to hear from you!
As an economic assistance specialist you will provide client facing support to determine eligibility for a broad range of economic and social support programs. You will work collaboratively with clients, case management staff and other community partners to facilitate an individualized plan that best meets the client’s economic needs. This work requires a strong ability to communicate, a high degree of organization and a commitment to working with other community stakeholders. Interested parties should contact the Kit Carson County Department of Human Services to receive application material and a full job description.
Salary: $13.50-$15.50/hour DPQ
- Family Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick leave
- High School Diploma is required
- Associates degree in a human services or business management field and/or 2 year of relevant work experience will be considered
- Bi-lingual skills will be considered
- Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with acceptable driving history
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Economic Assistance Specialist II must have at least one year of experience as a specialist I at the county level and demonstrated proficiency of eligibility determination and adult financial programs.
KCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment with Kit Carson County is subject to drug and alcohol testing.
KIT CARSON COUNTY AMBULANCE SERVICE ON CALL EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIANS AND SUPPORT STAFF:
Kit Carson County Ambulance Service provides services as needed to eastern Kit Carson County and transports to the Denver Metro area. These positions are on call positions and considered part time. Call hours are flexible and paid per event plus paid on-call time and annual bonus available. Other compensation includes uniforms, continuing education training, and opportunity to provide an essential and valuable service to the local community. Applications may be printed at link above or picked up at the Kit Carson County Ambulance Shed at 1576 Lowell, Burlington, CO 80807 or at the Board of County Commissioners Office in the Kit Carson County Courthouse in Burlington, CO.
Please direct questions to Korena Laue at (719) 346-7878. KCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment with Kit Carson County is subject to drug and alcohol testing.