Land Use

Planning Committee Meetings

The Kit Carson County Planning Committee meets every third Tuesday of the month. Scheduled meeting dates may change if circumstances arise. These meetings are held at the Stratton Community Center, 125 Colorado Avenue, Stratton, CO 80863. View meeting dates on our online calendar.

Environmental Health, Building and ISDS Permits

Requests for ISDS permits and building permits are handled by Kelly Alvarez in our Environmental Health Department. She can be reached at (719) 346-7158 ext 420.  Mailing address: 252 South 14th ST, Burlington CO 80807

Click on the links below to download copies of some of our more common forms:

country road

Other Documents of Interest

Easements Through County Properties

Request for easements across County Roads and/or through County property must be approved in advance by the Board of County Commissioners at a regularly scheduled meeting. These requests must be accompanied by a completed easement package which must include a detailed map and diagram showing the easement path and affected areas. You can download a copy of the Easement form and instruction here. Please be aware that there is a special easement form for Wind Farms and Pipelines that is available on request. These completed forms should be returned with the necessary maps to 251 16th Street, Suite 203, Burlington, CO 80807 prior to your scheduled meeting. Please call Patty at (719) 346-8638 ext. 301 to coordinate your filing process. You do not need to be in attendance to present this information to the Board. Once the Board has approved the request, the easement is filed with the County Clerk with the required recording fees.

Flood Plain Maps

There are no flood plain maps for Kit Carson County. Please contact us at (719) 346-8139 ext. 304 if you need us to fax you a copy of a letter stating this fact. You may also download a copy of this letter clicking here

Wind and Snow Load Data

Likewise, there is no wind or snow load data for Kit Carson County available at the County offices. We suggest contacting your insurance agent to get their requirements for buildings in this area.

Land ,Use Application Fees

The Board of County Commissioners desire to revise and adopt necessary and appropriate fees to be charged for the various Land Use Applications in an effort to compensate Kit Carson County for the cost of reviewing and processing applications on July 6, 2016 under #16-051. The following fees were amended as of January 10, 2017 with Resolution #17-023. Thereupon, and upon motion made by Cory Wall, seconded by Gary Koop, to adopt Resolution #17-023 as passed and further resolved in the following Resolution was unanimously passed and adopted by the Board of Commissioners, to-wit:

Resolution No. 18-023

Description of County Land Use Fees








Subdivision Exemptions


Divisions of Land (Excluding Cluster Developments)


Cluster Development


Additional Structure - Different Use


Additional Structure - Same Use


Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation


Variance - In Addition to Other Fee




Wind Energy Facility Fees


Minimum Initial Fee


Initial Application Fee


In Addition, to Permit Fee