Child Care Assistance


The CDHS (Colorado Department of Human Services), Division of Child Care is the lead agency on CCAP.
CCAP provides child care assistance to low-income families that are working, searching for employment or are in training, Child Welfare cases and families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program and need child care services to support their efforts toward self-sufficiency. The funding sources for CCAP are a mixture of federal, state, and county dollars, as well as through parent fees. Parent fees are set by the state through rule.

As an example, to apply for CCAP, a family of four may earn up to $47,100 a year.
Both Child Care providers and parents/caretakers need to apply for CCAP.
Currently, Kit Carson County has 9 Child Care providers in the CCAP system. In 2013, five Child Care Providers received financial grants of up to $1,100 to use toward the Colorado standards of exercise and reading. Exercise equipment and books were purchased with the grants.

To apply for assistance with child care, or to apply as a child care provider, please contact (719) 346-7158.